I've gotten back into the rhythm of life here. When I arrived back from Milan, I had an intensive Spanish course that started the next day. I was busy with that plus the final essay I had to write for one of my courses. That took up about all of my time, and for two weeks I was always busy writing or studying.

One weekend, I went with some girls from Larrabide to a small town on the outskirts of Pamplona. It was less than half an hour away, and there were nine of us to be living together. It was called a Convivencia de Estudio. Being away from the city and in a more studious atmosphere helped me study and concentrate, and I was able to write most of my paper here.

The next week I had a short vacation before classes were to start again. Last weekend I visited my cousins in Barcelona. I left Pamplona Friday morning and arrived in Barcelona in the afternoon. I had a late lunch then went to watch my cousin Maya's dance show. She dances Contemporary, and it was a good show. Afterwards, she invited me to stay and watch the expositions of Spanish Dance. I did, and the show was spectacular. There was never a boring moment (except one girl's dance solo). The movement and grace of the dancers was so amazing and beautiful. The second part was very interesting, with a live guitarist and singer.

The next morning I headed to Roses with my other cousin Julie and her boyfriend Pol. We took the train to Figueres and from there drove to my uncle's restaurant. The weather there was beautiful, cold and windy. I spent the rest of the day just chilling and eating. In the evening I went to the cinema with Julie and Pol and we watched Seven Pounds (called Seven Souls here in Spain), and I understood most of it.

The next morning I took the train back to Barcelona, hung out with Maya before taking the bus back to Pamplona.

When I was gone, it had snowed in Pamplona! It has snown a few times before, but this time the snow was really strong, and enough to blanket the ground. I was sad to have missed it.

This week I had to take a placement exam for the second semester Spanish courses. I missed my class on Tuesday having overslept for the first time! Tomorrow, I have classes again. Then next week, the regular university classes start again and I'll be busier. For the second semester I will be taking five classes: Español II, Lingüística (in Spanish), Relaciones Internacionales (in Spanish), Introduction to Global Communication (in English), and finally French!

Comments