If anyone’s been wondering how I wake up in the morning, I simply wake up. I can’t really explain it but my body seems to know just what time to wake up. I normally wake up at 8 on a school day, one hour before my classes start. I shower, dress, eat, fix my bed, and then leave at quarter to 9. It’s been working pretty well for me, and so far I’ve never been late for class. On the weekends, I don’t pull down the blinds completely, so that when the sun is strong, the sunlight wakes me up. (And therefore, I don’t waste the whole morning in bed.)

This morning however, I woke up at 8:30, and my classes start at 9. Sunlight didn’t wake me up because at 8:30 the sun is still only rising. I took the quickest shower I’ve ever taken, dressed myself in the first clothes I saw, stuffed my books in my bag, got some biscuits, and ran out the door. To complicate things, there were workers working on the elevator so I had to walk down 7 floors. I walked to school as fast as my legs would take me eating the fistful of biscuits I managed to grab. I entered the classroom with one minute to spare, and just as I sat down on my seat, the professor walked in the room.
Fortunately, the rest of my day went well. We had a quiz in Spanish that I think I did well on. My other two classes were okay as usual. When I got back home, Bea was there! Bea had been gone for a week (she went home to her village) and just arrived back. I was glad to see her because 1) I missed her and 2) I missed food.
Bea is usually the one who takes care of buying our food and cooking our meals. The whole week, Marina and I had been eating all the food, while the food supply continued to diminish. We “never had time” to go to the supermarket and we soon ran out of bread, coffee, milk, meat, butter, and fruits. When Bea came home, the first thing she did was restock our refrigerator with food and then we had a yummy lunch!

As for how I’m passing my time in the afternoon, I still haven’t found something to do. But I’ve started reading Harry Potter in Spanish! Since I memorize the first chapter and more or less know the others, it’s not that difficult and I’m learning a lot of new words.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sofía!! you are a very organized friend!! but I don't understand all that you write!, buaaaa