The weather was so beautiful today, I couldn't help but write about it.

Though it snowed last week here, today was very sunny (hopefully, for good). It was perfect weather; I was able to leave the house in a t-shirt and a light sweater. No more coats and scarves! By midday, there were more students outside than usual, lying on the green grass, basking under the sun. Though the sun was out, it wasn't very hot; it was still cool, about 11 degrees.

Though I was really excited to experience winter, I'm glad it's over. I enjoyed the cold and the snow, but I don't think I could live in such weather all year long. I'm enjoying the changing of seasons. I arrived in Europe during the heat of summer, but by the time I arrived in Pamplona, the heat was dying down. Autumn came, and the leaves were truly as pretty as I imagined. By the middle of Autumn I started wearing sweaters and then coats. Early winter arrived, and I added scarves, gloves, and boots to my daily wear. The whole winter I bundled up, dressing in more layers than ever. Late January was still cold and by February I could go out wearing one sweater plus a coat (save a few exceptionally cold nights). Now, it's finally warming up, and I'm excited for Spring!

Spanish is getting pretty difficult. I've had one partial exam though I have yet to find out my score. We finished learning how to conjugate and the uses of future and condiyional tenses. Right not we're learning a very funky tense called pluscuamperfecto de subjuntivo (pluperfect subjunctive)!

Tomorrow, I'm going on a sort of pilgrimage to Javier. I will write more about it over the weekend, but know this: I'm going to be walking 25k!

Comments