Day 40 & 41: São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro / Niterói

I left São Paulo at around 10am and was set for the bus ride to Rio.

Took a picture of the snacks because I love it when you get free stuff
Not much of a view on the way to Rio (or maybe it's just because I was asleep most of the ride)



 The bus was pretty comfortable (reclining seats, leg rest, blanket, pillow & snacks), but for some reason the ride made me really nauseous. I slept most of the ride because I felt pretty queasy. Seven hours later, I finally arrived in Rio de Janeiro and my cousin Bianca (from Australia) and her Brazilian friend Daniel picked me up at the bus station.

We drove from the city of Rio de Janeiro to the Niterói, which is actually another city but still in the Rio de Janeiro state.

Lights by the beach in Niterói
 The next day we walked around Niterói a bit and stopped for some ice cream which I've been really craving for some weird reason.

B lives in Australia, figures it's on the other side of the world that we finally see each other again. Haha.
We spent the afternoon back at the hotel watching Argentina v. Switzerland and Belgium v. USA which both went into extra time and then had dinner at an Italian restaurant nearby.

Comments