So long, Lisbon; Hello, Barcelona!

On our last day in Lisbon I planned for us to visit the Oceanario. We took the metro to get there; it was in another district of Lisbon -- Parque das Nacoes. This district was actually the site of the World Expo in 1998. There was this avenue of flags that had flags of all the countries that participated in the Expo. We walked along the river to the Oceanario. It was colder in this area because it was by tbe river.

The outside of the Oceanarium was not very impressive looking but the actual aquarium was neat. It was cool how everything was arranged and we saw three cute sea otters!! The Oceanarium was cool but I'll have to admit that with what I've read while researching, I expected a bit more. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the aquarium and with that done, I completed my checklist of things I wanted to see in Lisbon.





The Oceanario took quicker than expected and I had some time to kill before having to go to the airport for my flight. Since Angela was going to meet her friend in that area, we decided to wait and have lunch in the mall. We just decided to eat in McDo. I had a pretty good meal though: a happy meal (chicken nuggets, coke, fries and a toy) for 3 euros and a cheeseburger for 1 euro. Not bad!

After lunch we walked around a bit more then I took the metro back to the hostel to pick up my bag. I walked to the bus station to take the Aerobus to the airport. It seems I had just missed the bus because I had to wait 20 minutes and was getting nervous. Luckily I had already checked in online (I had no maletas; just a hand carry). So when I got to the airport I went straight to the boarding gate.

I did enjoy Lisbon (though I think we spent a day too many there). It was my first time in Portugal and it was nice to see the country. But now, I'm really glad to be back in Spain. I guess I'm a Spain girl through and through.

When I landed in Barcelona, I walked to the train station, bought a 10-trip ticket and took the train to Sants Estacio. From there I took the metro to my cousins' place. It seems my message didn't reach my cousin because she was wondering where I was. She called my sisters and when Bel tried to call me, apparently they heard a man talking. A bit weird and I don't know how that happened but I'm safe and sound.

As I was walking down the road I saw my cousin Maya and when we reached each other we were hugging and screaming and got a lot of funny looks from the people nearby. Haha. Anyway, we walked to the apartment and Pol (my cousin Julie's boyfriend) was there and I met Maya's boyfriend Pau for the first time. (Julie's in some music festival in Murcia but is coming home tonight, I think). Maya and I then had dinner at a resataurant Pol recommended. The food was good but I was happy just spending time with Maya.

Today, Maya's out the whole day (she works at a dance company) and the boys are out studying I think. Which left me home alone. I was so comfortable that I didn't want to leave but I dragged myself to the shower and headed out.

But ahh, it feels so good to be back in Barcelona. For those of you who don't know, Barcelona is my favorite city! It especially feels good to be back on a game day. Tonight is the Barcelona derby; Barca plays their hometown rivals, Espanyol. Barca and Catalunya flags are hanging from the windows and there are quite a few people wearing their jerseys (I spotted the cutest little kid wearing an old Ronaldinho one).

Anyway, I walked around looking for the church that Maya said was nearby. I found it without much problem and stayed to pray. Aftfer I just walked around and bought some food in the supermarket to have for lunch. I'll walk around some more later but tonight I'm watching the game at Camp Nou. So excited! :-)

Comments