¡Visca Barça!

(Sorry for the lack of updates; had no internet connection nor computer for the past few days)

When I couldn't sit still anymore, I left the apartment and walked a bit before I had to meet Maya's friend. We were going to meet outside the metro, so I went to the station and waited outside. I sent her a message saying that I was wearing jeans and a Barça shirt. I looked around and realized that everyone was wearing jeans and a Barça shirt. Haha. So I added that I had sunglasses on and that I was reading a book. She came at exactly 6:15 (on time, not bad for an Española!) and we walked to Camp Nou together. She was very friendly and we got along well.

We arrived at the stadium, found our seats (Thank you, Pol! - We used the season tickets of Pol and his dad) and settled down. Since it was still early we saw the players -- I spotted Messi easily -- warming up. The game started at 7 (actually pretty early for a Spanish league game) and it was a bit hot at first. But by the second half, the sun had set and it got cooler.


Right before the game





Camp Nou!



Anna and I


I had an amazing time at the game! The game wasn't too showy but we did get to see two goals. It's really something else to watch at the stadium with the whole crowd cheering, clapping, and chanting Barça songs. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole match. Iniesta's goal (the first one of the match) was even on our side. I almost got another goal on video but it was canceled. This was my first time to watch Barça play live. Funnily enough, it's actually my second time to watch Espanyol play since I watched one of their friendlies/pre-season matches three years ago with my dad (at the Olympic stadium).


Players celebrating Iniesta's goal



Messi! Haha


After the game we were able to go down to a lower part of the stadium and got better pictures taken. Then we took the metro and headed back to the apartment.

Back at the apartment, I hung out with Maya, Pau and Pol. And Julie came home from Murcia. We all had dinner together (a home cooked meal by Pol) then a bit after midnight, Pol took me to Plaça Espanya. (I rode a motorbike for the first time! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.) Then he waited with me for the night bus which I then took to the airport (since the metros and trains were closed).

I ended up sleeping in the airport while waiting for the check-in counter to open. It opened at about 4:30; I checked in then went to the boarding gate and was Madrid bound.

Comments