Day 10: The sun finally comes out in London

The week before I arrived, my sisters had been saying how nice and sunny it was in London. But when I arrived, it started raining and became really cold (as it was in Ireland as well). Today, the sun finally came out and we had great weather!

Since it was Bel's last day in London, we decided to stay in Kingston and not go into the city. We bought some juice, bread, cold cuts, and cheese at the supermarket and had a picnic by the river.

The river
Our spread




After lunch we decided to visit the nearby Hampton's Court, but then found out that you have to pay an entrance fee if you visit from April-September. It was £18(!!), so we decided not to go in. We went to the park across instead, and saw some deer...


On our walk back to Kingston we saw an entrance to another park, which took us to the back of Hampton Court. So we were able to see the palace from afar:


I went into the city for dinner to meet up with one of my kids who I met in a summer camp for CISV seven years ago! She's actually from Indonesia but currently studying in Canterburry. We had a really great time catching up and it was so nice to see her again. I love how travel reunites people. :)




Comments