Day 16 & 17: London --> Munich --> São Paulo --> Belo Horizonte

After all the London fun, I had two long days of traveling ahead of me.

Ange took me into Kingston on Friday morning, I mailed some post cards and then bought some Japanese to make baon for lunch. Headed to the airport and checked-in.





 It was a short flight to Munich and then a long (6 hour wait) at the Munich airport. The airport was comfortable, the only downside was that the free wifi was only for 30 minutes! So I had to keep changing email addresses to use the wifi.

The flight to São Paulo was at about 10pm. They served us dinner on the plane, then I slept the whole trip, then had breakfast just before landing. Went through immigration without any problems (yay for not needing a visa), and got my maleta really quickly. From the airport I took a taxi to my friend Caio's place. The airport has a taxi service called Guarucoop - they have a taxi stand where you go and they tell you how much your taxi will cost, that way you can be sure you won't be overcharged.

I was able to stay there for awhile (shower, relax, and have lunch) before my flight to Belo Horizonte. After lunch, Caio took me to the airport and it was another plane ride (though just an hour) to Belo.

Caio dropping me off at the airport
 From the Belo airport I took a bus into the city, and my aunt's friend Mona picked me up with her family. She took me to a CISV event which was a celebration of one of Brazil's traditional festivals (festa junina) and also a despedida (bota fora). Festa Junina (June Festivals) is a traditional celebration held all over Brazil in the month of June. It's your typical games, food, and merriment. Bota fora is similar to despedida. It was interesting to attend a local CISV event in another country, and I met a few people from the Junior Branch.


After dinner, I headed out to another party of Mona's husband's nephew. It was a family gathering at his house, and I got to try lots of different meat since it was a barbecue. He even had firecrackers for the kids, and I later on learned that Minas Gerais, the state that Belo Horizonte is in, makes the firecrackers used by Disneyland.

Comments