Day 31: A little more of Curitiba

I started off the next day with a visit to Parque Tanguá, at the outer part of the city. It took awhile to get to and find, but I made it. A very simple park, not that great, but it's a bit higher up and you get a view of the city.


View from the observation decks
View from the observation decks



After visiting the park I got terribly lost, so I ended up taking the tourist bus back to the city center. It was quite expensive (R$29) but at least I got to see some sights and learn a bit more about the city. I had some lunch at a small lanchonette (snack bar) before heading back to my hostel to check-out.

Guarana and a deep fried meat snack
I stayed at the hostel after checking-out to watch the Argentina-Iran game. I started cheering for Argentina (Brasil's rivals)...

Hostel owner: Sofi, are you cheering for Argentina??
Me: Of course.
Hostel owner: Oh no...

Haha. The hostel staff were really nice and helpful. :)

Hostel living room decorated for the World Cup
After the game I visited the Jardim Botânico (Brasil seems to have a lot of botanical gardens) which was just a 10 minute walk from the hostel. The gardens were huge; they have an exhibition center, several museums and a greenhouse.


Exhibition center at the botanical gardens

Glass and metallic greenhouse
French-style hedges and gardens (view from the greenhouse)

Afterwards, I went back to my hostel, caught the first half of Germany v. Ghana, then it was off to the bus station. I was able to finish the game at the bus station (there's always at least one restaurant showing the game) before I boarded the bus to São Paulo.

Comments