Day 32 & 33: First few days in São Paulo

I arrived in São Paulo on Sunday, a little after midnight. My friend Caio picked me up at the bus station, then after I washed up, we headed out to a party and I met some of his really nice friends. We started the next day with a late lunch.

Proud friend moment - Caio was in the paper for getting into two (hard) courses in his university





Then watched some of the games at home before dropping by the FIFA Fan Fest before the USA-Portugal match.

FIFA Fan Fest in São Paulo
The stage before the game. They have local singers putting on a show in between games.
With Caio and André
The next day we had lunch at a nearby mall where I tried a special "World Cup burger." The chips were made from mandioquinha, a Brasilian root vegetable.


In the afternoon we headed to his friend's apartment to catch the Brasil-Cameroon game. I met more of his friends, and we spent the afternoon chilling and I learned how to play a Brasilian card game (I even won one game without knowing I did. Haha).

Comments