Day 13: Museum and Gallery Hopping

Today's forecast was rain, and I would be out and about alone (since Ange had a training at Kingston to attend), so I went museum and gallery hopping.

First up: the Saatchi Gallery at Sloane Square.


The current installation was entitled Pangaea: New Art from Africa and Latin America. The art in the gallery is mostly contemporary; some were interesting, some not really my type.





I headed to the V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum) in South Kensington next, London's famous art and design museum.

Had lunch at the pretty café first


Right across the V&A is the Natural History Museum, a very pretty Victorian building with an amazing exterior and interior.

The building
Exterior
Interior
 This museum is fun for kids, and if you like science and geeky stuff (which I do, haha).

From there I worked my way towards Charing Cross to visit the National Portrait Gallery. The gallery has an extensive collection of portraits of famous British people. This was my favorite gallery of the day. I especially liked their collection on Modern Portraits, the Great War, and they also had a special exhibit on Vivien Leigh (a centenary celebration).


Vivien Leigh Exhibit
I think it's amazing how most all of the museums and galleries in London are free (all the ones I've visited so far are), you just make a small donation if you wish.

I met up with Ange after and we had an early dinner before catching our show. A good meaty burger from Honest Burgers hit the spot!
the Honest burger
 And then we watched Les Misérables! It's always been a dream of mine to watch the play after we performed it in high school six years ago.


The show was amazing. The songs are so beautiful and they get me every time.


Comments