Day 14: Camden Town

More rain today, so we spent the morning in Ange's place doing laundry, and then had lunch at Kingston. We ate at a place called Woody's and had a traditional English dessert: sticky toffee pudding.


In the afternoon the rain subsided a bit and we headed to Camden Town, another popular market area. It was such a charming area with stalls selling clothes, crafts and small knick knacks.

Camden Lock Market
Camden Stables Market




Food stalls
A quaint second hand bookstore

We had our pictures taken at the photobooth!
I had dinner with one of my good friends, Patricia. I met her when I was studying in Spain in 2008. She's originally from London, and moved back a few years ago. I didn't get to visit her when I was in Spain in 2011, so it was really nice to catch up with her. We had delicious Portuguese-style chicken at Nando's.

Grilled peri-peri chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and Rubro - a sweet iced tea made from rooibos (a South African red bush), delicious!

With Patricia, catching up after 5 years!
I got to the train station and in lieu of the train schedule and platform notices, the board simply read: "Special Notice Welcome to London Waterloo"


Everyone was slightly confused; I guess there was something wrong with the boards. When they were finally fixed about a minute later, all the people standing in front of the board started running to catch their train, me included (my train was leaving in 2 minutes from platform 14, but I made it).

I hope the sun comes out for my last full day in London tomorrow!

Comments