Day 92: Eataly & Brooklyn

I started off my last full day in New York with an early lunch at Eataly, an Italian market and food place in Madison Square Park.


The place was incredible. They sell all kinds of Italian products - from pasta to chocolate to sauces to coffee, and many more. The set up is also really interesting. Aside from the open market, they also have restaurants. So they sell the meat beside the meat restaurant, the pasta beside the pasta restaurant, so and so forth.

Fruits
Fresh pasta
Focacia

Meat
Seafood
Chocolate
One of the dining areas

After lunch, I took the subway to Brooklyn and explored the area. I passed by Grimaldi's first, supposedly the best pizza in Brooklyn. I really wanted to try it, but unfortunately, they don't sell slices. :(


I walked around Brooklyn Heights and headed towards Brooklyn Bridge Park and tried some ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. The place is charming; it's located in an old fireboat house on the waterfront. It was good classic ice cream, but nothing great.


I took my ice cream and walked around Brooklyn Bridge Park. Such a beautiful day!

Manhattan as seen from Brooklyn

Brooklyn Bridge


Walked from Brooklyn Bridge Park to the DUMBO area (which stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). Here's the Manhattan Bridge and Jane's Carousel. The carousel is enclosed in glass and offers a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline.

Manhattan Bridge
Jane's Carousel
Walked around DUMBO, visited some nice bookstores.

P.S. Bookshop

powerHouse Arena


And a really fancy and yummy looking chocolate store, Jacques Torres.



I walked back to Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge! The bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States and connects the Manhattan and Brooklyn boroughs. It's 1,595 feet long, and when it opened, was the longest suspension bridge.

Manhattan skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge
The left lane is for pedestrians and the right lane is for bikers

For my last dinner Tita Cynthia and I had some tapas at a really good Spanish restaurant.

Croquetas and gambas
Jamon and pan con tomate
Perfect way to end my visit to New York!

Comments