Day 98 & 99: Los Angeles + Disneyland

The morning before I left for Los Angeles, Tita Susan took me out to breakfast for some really good eggs benedict. Then she dropped me off at the airport and I was off to L.A.


In L.A., Ange and our friend Tasha picked me up at the airport. From the airport we drove to Downtown and chilled there for a while. For dinner, I met up with Tita Louele who was my adult leader when I went to CISV in 2001! It was so nice to see her, catch up, and make kwento. We ate at a really good hand roll sushi bar, KazuNori.




We had some ice cream afterwards at Peddler's Creamery. They really use a bicycle to make and churn their own ice cream!

The bicycle
The ice cream being churned in a room behind the bike - we saw it through the window
Street art in L.A.
So happy I got to meet up with you, Tita Louele
 We spent the whole next day at the Happiest Place on Earth -- Disneyland ;) My parents used to take me and my siblings all the time when we were younger, and it did bring back some nice childhood memories :)



Ange has a friend who also loves Disneyland (he actually starts work at Disneyland next week!) and knows the ins and outs of it. He was our guide for the day; he strategically took us around the park, planning which rides we should go on first, and would tell us all these trivia about the rides and the park. So much fun.



The hotel we stayed in was literally a five minute walk from the park entrance. So after we went home, I went back out at 9:30 to see the fireworks. I just had to walk to the end of the street and got a great view.




Comments