Day 93-95: First few days in Chicago!

On Friday morning, I left New York for Chicago! I was actually flying out of Newark Airport in New Jersey so I took the train from Penn Station to the airport. The train was quick, about 25 minutes (and then another 12 minute air train from the train station to my terminal at the airport).


I had a pretty uneventful flight with a stopover in Boston, and even landed early in Chicago. But we were made to wait in the plane, and ended up waiting for almost an hour. My Tita Isa picked me up in the airport and then we drove their home in the suburbs, in the north of Chicago.






The next day, I slept in, ran some errands with Tita Isa, and in the evening, my cousin Angelica had her 18th birthday party. We headed to Tita Susan's house, and it was truly a Filipino fiesta! They had a lot of relatives over and a never ending buffet of Filipino food.


On Sunday, Tita Susan took me out for lunch - I tried Chicago's famous deep-dish pizza at Giordano's. I spent the rest of the afternoon with her and her family, then with Tita Isa for the evening.


We went to mass and then drove downtown for dinner. After dinner, we drove around the city and she pointed out several sights. We stopped by the planetarium which was right by Lake Michigan and took pictures of Chicago's skyline.

On the right of the picture you can see a building with the lights saying "Go JRW." JRW stands for Jackie Robinson West; they are the U.S. Champions of the 2014 Little League World Series, and are from Chicago. (They won the US championship on Saturday, but lost to South Korea in the International Championship game on Sunday). They had a great run though at the World Series, and were celebrated all over Chicago.


There was a film crew filming a reporter talking about them. After her spiel was over, Paolo and Lorenzo took some pictures with her.


Comments